Ayurveda & Yogic Lifestyle Training
- Basic history and philosophy of Ayurveda
- Key Ayurvedic concepts: the elements, gunas, doshas, dhatus, malas, agni/ama
- Asana and pranayama for balancing the doshas and elements
- Ayurvedic lifestyle practices for health and balance
- Intro to Ayurvedic cooking and recipes
- Design dosha-balancing yoga classes to teach from upon completing the training
- Ayurvedic yoga teaching practica
- Spend time with Ayurvedic practitioners and deepen your understanding of yourself through Ayurveda
This training awards 60 Hours towards a 700-Hour Shambhava Yoga Certification**. In Jan & Feb 2016, the Ayurveda training will be offered in two parts. You may take either part to earn 30 hours of continuing ed, or take both to complete the 60 hour training. You may also apply these hours toward continuing education units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
200-Hour training with Shambhava Yoga or comparable 200-hour level training registered with Yoga Alliance.
**As we transition to a new 300-hour intermediate curriculum, students who have take classes in the old curriculum will still be able to include the following classes in their 300 intermediate hours: Ayurveda and Yogic Lifestyle Training. Marma Weekend and Meditation Teacher Trainings Levels 1 & 2. In the new curriculum, these trainings are no longer part of the 500-hour training but part of the upcoming advanced 700-hour training. This means for students yet to begin the 300 advanced hours, these trainings may be taken for CEU (continuing ed units) or working ahead to 700-hour training, but it is not part of the intermediate 300 hours.
Yoga Teacher Training
Dates and Rates
A Day in Teacher Training
Meet our Staff
Specials & Payment Plan
Student Log In