Ayurveda Marma Weekend
Marma points are vital zones of life force in the human body. They are found at the key junctions of muscles, veins, arteries, tendons and bones. They can be stimulated to enhance the various essential physiological and emotional functions of the body. This training will focus on a number of key marmas and how to access them in yoga to deepen the healing impact of your practice.
- Intro to Marma points, the energy points of Ayurveda
- Marmas for the doshas, hands & feet, headache prevention and balancing digestion
- Marma Yoga: incorporating marma points into your asana practice.
- Intro to Abhyanga, Ayurvedic self-massage
- Basic history, philosophy and key concepts of Ayurveda
- Spend time with Ayurvedic practitioners and deepen your understanding of yourself through Ayurveda
This rejuvenating weekend awards 30 Hours towards a 700-Hour Shambhava Yoga Certification**. You may also apply these hours toward continuing education units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
**As we transition to a new 300-hour intermediate curriculum, students who have take classes in the old curriculum will still be able to include the following classes in their 300 intermediate hours: Ayurveda and Yogic Lifestyle Training and Meditation Teacher Trainings Levels 1 & 2. In the new curriculum, these trainings are no longer part of the 500-hour training but part of the upcoming advanced 700-hour training. This means for students yet to begin the 300 advanced hours, these trainings may be taken for CEU (continuing ed units) or working ahead to 700-hour training, but it is not part of the intermediate 300 hours.
Yoga Teacher Training
Dates and Rates
A Day in Teacher Training
Meet our Staff
Specials & Payment Plan
Student Log In